Monday, August 31, 2015

Evelyn: Three Months Old (One Hundred Blessed Days)



So I'm getting this 3 month update posted a little late (but not as late as last time- yay!) and I thought I'd go ahead and post it today because it's Evie's 100th Day of Life (ah! I'm one day late for that now, too! darn! anyway...) How cool is that! And how can that be?? One hundred mornings waking up with her in my life, and one hundred days of smiles and tears and naps and feedings (and how many hundreds of diapers must there have been now??), and one hundred evenings lulling her off to sleep, and one hundred nights of listening to little baby snores (yes, my baby is Darth Vader), and one hundred days of pure blessings (even on the days I feel like I'm going crazy and have wild daydreams of getting all the laundry folded and put away in one go; drinking a full cup of coffee without it going cold because someone else needs my attention; taking a shower that lasts longer than 5 minutes - or, and now this is really crazy talk - a nice, hot, long soak in the bathtub. (Yes, I can hear all you seasoned moms laughing through the internet at my preposterous ideas). (I just used parentheses inside parentheses, so now I've created a sort of inception situation here and I have to end with double parentheses...) )

Can you tell I'm tired?

I'm so happy, though, that Evie is getting bigger.  And I know later I'll probably wish I could make her little again, but she's been little for so long, I'm eager to see her grow!  My friends keeps having babies that are bigger than she is at 3 months!  A lady at the grocery store questioned me repeatedly about her age and weight.  She started out in the 5th percentile for weight and then dropped down to the 4th and then at her two month check-up she had dropped into 3rd and last I calculated she was even lower than that... so as a mom with a baby who's been dropping off the charts, I can say wholeheartedly, GROW! Get big! Eat, eat, eat!

Right at 3 months, we sort of graduated into 0-3 and 3 month clothes... they are too big on her.  But the smaller of the newborn outfits were starting to get a little snug in the length department!  She is at least on the charts in regards to height.  She's still in newborn for dresses, though, by a long shot.  Sunday, I put her in 3 month dresses for church and they all looked ridiculous so we had to stick with newborn for now.


 
  
Anyway, onto what Evie has learned this month:

*She is so good at grasping things now... anything that fits in her little hands that is... She reaches for toys held in front of her, and smiles at the ones that make noise.  She has deep conversations with the toys that hang from her play gym.

*She just started on a growling phase... she's been "talking" a lot for a while now, but lately she really likes to make guttural noises more than anything.  I honestly don't like it.  Lol... I just feel like it's strange.  I think she probably just figured out she can make that noise and soon enough it's newness will wear off and she'll go back to her normal talking... at least that's what I'm hoping.  Little baby coos are so much cuter than little baby growls.

*She LOVES to sit up, and is quite good at keeping herself pretty steady... of course she still needs constant support, though.  She gets upset when she's laying down unless she's sleeping or eating.  When she's leaning back at all, she does these cute little crunches trying to get herself in a straight up sitting position.  I have a floor seat and a jumperoo on order from Amazon that should be here tomorrow and I can't wait because she constantly wants to be held in a sitting position.



*She is just starting to get a little separation anxiety.  It's worse when she's tired.  Sometimes it doesn't seem so bad and sometimes when anyone other than mama is holding her, she is crying.  Sometimes if someone even looks at her too long she starts crying.  It's like she's thinking, "Oh no, they are going to take me!"  Poor girl... We are trying to get her out and with other people as much as possible to help her her used to people... And also daddy is spending as much time with her as he can when he's home.  Any other suggestions from moms of a baby with this issue?? I read that 3 months is pretty young to start this but that it does happen... I don't want her to be so upset when I can't be with her!

*She is still gets so gassy and has reflux issues... Sometimes it seems like it's getting better and then it's like she goes through a bad phase of it again... Also it seems like she kind of struggles with constipation issues too which probably has to do with the gassyness.

*She loves to smile and laughs when she hears people laughing.  It's so cute to watch.  Peak-a-boo is becoming a favorite game and always gets a laugh or two out of her. 

*She constantly tries to stick her whole hand in her mouth.  Sometimes both hands.  Even when she's eating.  I try to tell her she can't do both at the same time, but she doesn't quite get it yet.  Just in the last day or two, though, she's been seeming more interested in just her thumb... so maybe we're getting there. lol! 
 


Happy 100 Days, Evie!! (Well, 101 now)!! And here's to 3 months of blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? :)